Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Fun

Hooray! I finished Trevor's quilt!!! This was my first time ever to machine quilt one of my creations. Up to this point I have hand quilted them all, but given the time factor.....
It would win no prize at a quilt show, but all and all it turned out ok and was definitely faster than hand quilting. I used mostly straight line, in the ditch quilting but the six middle blocks also include free motion stipple quilting.

The other "Winter Fun" was attempting to run Lynne's snow blower....ha. It seems we are approaching or possibly have by now passed the average snow fall amount for a season. I know I have a few relatives that think we've hardly had a winter but all they need do is take a trip up my road and/or driveway. :) Anyway, Lynne's snow blower was here for a short time and we decided to try it out in the back yard, which seems to me to have about 10 feet of snow. :)

4 comments:

  1. lol you look like little russian gypsy woman running the snow blower...really like trevor's quilt. i have no clue what all that means as far as the stitching but it sounded impressive to me! nice pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn Renee! I'm so glad to see that you got with the program and joined the 21st century! Good job on the quilt, I wish I did more of this kind of sewing. Love you. kiss kiss

    Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the irony of it all Paris.... :)
    Anyway, sorry to use the same template as you...realized it after the fact, but really they don't have many decent choices...take it as a compliment, I guess

    ReplyDelete