Monday, January 19, 2009

Vermont



We traveled to Vermont to take Trevor to Marlboro College this past weekend. It's a small private liberal arts college (enrollment of 330) pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. The closest decent size town is about 20 miles away. Their philosophy is quite different from your average college and they are included in "Colleges that Change Lives: 40 Schools that Will Change the Way You Think About Colleges". The trip there was nice, with decent weather everywhere except, of course, right here in our own backyard where we were driving on hard packed snow and ice roads in blizzard conditions with 30+ mph winds and good ole whiteouts. Once you travel out of this area you can actually see sun and blue sky, both rarities during the winter months here.

I've included a picture of Trevor in his dorm room and a shot of a couple of buildings at Marlboro, the admissions building in the foreground and the dining hall in the rear. I have yet to get a grip on adding pictures properly or putting them where I want them placed in the blog. I can't see a way to adjust their position once they are there.......is there such a thing?

3 comments:

  1. You know, Marlborough is where the iconic Tasha Tudor lived?!

    About picture placement, I upload all the pictures first and then write my post and then drag the pics where I want them. When I try to put the pictures anywhere but the center that's when they get attitudinal. For me, getting the paragraph breaks is a pain; blogger just ignores how I put them and does its own thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But the college and town are spelled Marlboro not Marlborough....is it the same place? If so, could it be her farm/land that the college now owns? Many of the college buildings are original from the two farms they once were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I really don't know. Maybe I'm spelling it wrong, I wouldn't think there'd be 2 towns with that close of names, but you never know.

    ReplyDelete