Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fishes Continued

Well that was interesting....figured I'd take a break from pinning the quilt layers together and see if I could upload some pictures. That went fine but I have yet to figure out how to type along with the pictures sooooo.....now we have "Fishes Continued".....

Anyway.....I am typically not a fan of owning animals that must be caged, so whats with the aquarium? I inherited it, so to speak, from Lynne. When she decided to move back east and had no place to move her little fishies, I, being the gallant rescuer (ha) said she could move it to my place. I must say it has turned out to be quite enjoyable. I spend more time than any sane person should, watching the aquarium. Just in case anyone out there is just on pins and needles wondering what fish are pictured and if they in fact are named I shall now enlighten you. The two angel fish are named Jet and Freida (guess which ones which). The bright yellow guy at the bottom of the tank (golden chinese algae eater) is of course called China Boy. The other named guys that apparently were too shy for the photo shoot are Al and Ernie. An albino and non-albino pleco. The others remain nameless, poor things.....and include two clown loaches, giant and zebra danios, 2 hatchet fish, and a couple of siamese algae eaters.

Well, wasn't that fun and informative boys and girls? :)

5 comments:

  1. oooooo, you have a blog, yay! now we can compete to see who posts more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! You win the prize. I was waiting to see who found me first...lol...

    I could post often since I have the time...but don't want to be constantly boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence, I'm married to a Siamese Algae Eater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are algae-free Paris :)
    And speaking of the ole guy....what happened to his blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, in typical male fashion, he *never* writes on it anyway. In general men make poor bloggers, I think. Women, however, can find endless things to discuss. ;-)

    ReplyDelete