Sunday, June 28, 2009

Well, ok...so I didn't save my pennies too long. I bought a recumbent trike last week and most definitely am enjoying it! I actually was able to pedal up the driveway with only one stop! lol....quite an accomplishment for me, one I've never been able to do on a traditional bike. Just one of the great benefits of a recumbent trike is the ability to stop and rest on a hill then just take right off again. Something very difficult to do on a bike. Ok, so besides that exciting feat I've also ridden it on the side streets of Westfield and discovered a paved track there that is fun to ride on also. Dad rode it once but insisted on riding through the cemetery, which would have been a good spot to ride if he was more used to the bike. It was a bit of a rough ride, which I personally thought was fine but he didn't care for the jarring and bumping. Trevor rode it around the house but claims it's stupid (although he had a slight smile while riding) Robyn and Bob even gave it a try. It most definitely is an attention getter.....people give a double take and a few stopped and asked if they could take it for a spin. Unfortunately today is a rainy day :( I think the next riding spot I'll check out is the so called "rails to trails" in Mayville.

1 comment: