Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happenings

I've been putting a few miles on the good ole Prius lately. :) Lynne and I made a trip to Paris and Gill's last week. It seems the Graham Clan enjoys Lynne's company ... ;) I must admit she has many more tales to tell and her interests definitely track with theirs. It was a nice visit and despite the weather we got a few miles of biking in on the bike path just down the road from their farm.




















Friday night Gordon Lightfoot was playing at Chautauqua Institution. I've always enjoyed his music so Ted, Lynne and I went. (Trevor had planned to but decided otherwise last minute) He is 71 years old now (Gordon....not Trevor, Lynne or Ted) :) and other than a bit weaker really sounds quite the same as always.

And wrapping up the weeks activities was a trip to Rachel and Rob's for biking. Rachel had mentioned the bike trails running alongside the Erie Canal. I finally decided to head there and put in a day of biking. We road a record (for me) 21 miles. We treated ourselves to gelato at the end of the ride. Very yummy cross between sherbet, hard ice cream, and soft ice cream...or at least that's my own description. It was a very pretty ride and the weather was decent, with the rain holding off till we finished.


You would think with all this riding I'd be losing a few pounds!!! Sheesh....none so far...shall keep trying. :)

2 comments:

  1. yay! so glad you guys came up! we got out puppy today, hopefully i get around to posting pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Hopefully you can sleep a little these first nights!! You might just change your mind about those sleeping arrangements. ;)

    ReplyDelete